US Concrete has formed a corporate Walk team for this year’s Walk. They are kicking off their fundraising campaign for their employees by introducing it to them at this meeting. Because they are a newly formed corporate team, I shared my story with the Management and their employees on Friday August 12, 2011 .
US Concrete Inc., 2735 Cactus Road, San Diego, CA 92154 (619) 240-8000
This was our agenda when I spoke to the US Concrete group with the The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS)
- Welcome and Introductions and endorsement of support for The event– Todd Ebbert
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – Why We Walk – How funds are used – Kristin Sacco (LLS)
- Honored Patient Speaker – Arnie Levine
- US Concrete Team Plan – Mike Gabriella Human Resources
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) Staff:
Kristin Sacco-Deputy Executive Director
Jeff Wheeler-Senior Campaign Manager, Light The Night
Liz Cunningham-Campaign Coordinator, Light The Night
Nicolle Hobbs-Campaign Coordinator, Light The Night
US Concrete Precast Group staff:
Mike Gabriella-Team Captain/HR
Todd Ebbert-General Manager, Southern California
- US Concrete Precast Group – San Diego
Light The Night Walk is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s annual fundraising walk to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer. Hundreds of thousands of participants raise funds for lifesaving research and patient services.
For more than 60 years, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) has been solely focused on people with blood cancers. Presently, we have more than $250 million committed to research across the United States and in ten other countries. Every dollar is provided by concerned donors. We invest in the best, outcome based science:
- Anywhere, with no geographic or institutional boundaries
- Without profit incentive
- To meet unmet Medicare needs of people with blood cancers
And LLS funded advances are helping patients beyond those for whom they were originally developed, including people with solid tumors and auto-immune diseases. In the past decade, nearly 50% (19 put of 39) of the cancer drugs approved by the FDA were approved as treatments for blood cancer patients. Twelve are already approved for people beyond those for whom they were first developed. With your help, we are saving lives.
- A donation of $25 provides patients and their loved ones with FREE booklets that contain up-to-date information on their disease and help them make informed decisions about their treatment options.
- A donation of $50 makes possible a Family Support group with a trained facilitator where comfort can be found and experiences can be shared among patients and family members.
- A donation of $100 helps supply laboratory researchers with supplies and materials critical to carrying out their search for cures.
- A donation of $1,000 makes possible one- on-one conversations with health care specialists who provide patients with information about their disease, treatment options, and helps prepare them with questions for their health care team.
Please join our team’s effort today by registering to walk or by making a donation. Your participation in the Light The Night Walk will help save lives. Be sure to check our team Web site frequently to see our progress, and thanks for your support!
US Concrete: 2735 Cactus Road, San Diego, CA 92154
The team captain for the US Concrete team is Mike Gabriella. Below is US Concrete’s fundraising page:
For more information or to pariticpate or donate click here
Donate to a Team Member:
Click member to donate for their individual fundraiser.