CalHFA (California Housing Finance Agency) FHA loan program is designed to enhance affordability and homeownership opportunities by offering a low, fixed interest rate that will not change during the entire loan term.
CHDAP (California Homebuyer’s Downpayment Assistance Program) provides a deferred-payment junior loan – up to 3% of the purchase price, or appraised value, whichever is less – to qualified borrowers to be used for their down payment and/or closing costs. This junior loan may be combined with a CalHFA or non-CalHFA fixed rate, first mortgage loan.
- First time buyer
- Meet income limits: limit for 2 people is $99,120
- CalHFA income limit combined with Down Payment Assistance for 2 people $72,500
- Max Loan Amount is $417,000
- Minimum credit score of 620
- Live in the home you are purchasing for the entire term of the loan, or until the home is sold or refinanced.
- Must have complete homebuyer education counseling and received a certificate of completion through an eligible homebuyer counseling organization.
- 1% minimum down payment when combined (CHDAP)
- 30 yr Fixed rate is 4.125% – 4.375%
- 6% seller concessions allowed
- Payments/interest on down payment assistance program are deferred at 3.25% and not used in ratios
City of La Mesa down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance Program (DCCA)
This loan program is designed to make funds available to low income households to help purchase their first home. Program provides supplemental financing in the form of a silent 2nd trust deed loan.
Requirements and benefits:
- First time buyer or not have owned in the last 3 years
- Max income limit for 2 is $50,250
- Must have sufficient funds for 3% down payment+ closing costs
- Property must be in the City of La Mesa
- Maximum loan amount is up to $70,000
- Higher income limits are available for Family Size larger than 2
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
5464 Grossmont Center Drive, Suite 100
La Mesa, CA 91942
More questions we can help you, at County Properties, 24 years of brokerage experience, trust and a Member of the local Better Business Bureau!
Want to know what your home is worth? Click here for a free market evaluation !
New Pro-Property Search. We will setup a customized search for you by our professional REALTOR® Team. Sit back relax and shop at home! We will make changes to your Pro-Property Search any time you like, just let us know. Have fun!