- As the housing market continues to struggle for stabilization, many homeowners are turning to strategic default. Almost 11 million homes are now underwater, according to Corelogic. Around 3.5 million homeowners are behind in their payments and another 1.5 million homes are already in the foreclosure process, according to RealtyTrac.
- Aside from the moral quandary of whether strategic default is the right decision, there also are other factors to consider.
- The borrowers’ credit scores will take a hit. According to FICO, someone with a 680 credit score would see their score decline anywhere between 85-100 points after a strategic default, and someone with a 780 credit score could lose 140-160 points.
- Borrowers who are considering strategically defaulting on a house should look at it as a last resort, not a first option. Financial troubles could be eliminated by refinancing, especially if the Obama administration’s program is implemented.
- Each state has its own rules and regulations regarding foreclosures, which affect both the length of the process and what the borrower could be liable for in the end.
If you have equity in your home, we will sell your home and get top dollar in this challenging market, go to County Properties Marketing Homes.
Want to know what your home is worth?
[iframe http://tools.1parkplace.com/valueWizard/vluredirect.aspx?userid=47042 780 1100]
If you do not have enough equity, and you must sell your property as a short sale we have the expertise to do so also and close escrow in 45-60 days or less. Learn more about mortgage relief options and how to take advantage of our FREE REALTOR (R) CONSULTATION for loan modification and or selling . or go to www.ShortSaleRealtors4U.com
More questions we can help you, at County Properties, 25 years of brokerage experience, trust and a Member of the local Better Business Bureau! Want to know what your home is worth? Click here for a free market evaluation !
By the way…if you know of someone who would appreciate the level of service in real estate we provide, please call me or have them go to www.CountyProperties.net and I’ll be happy to follow up and take great care of them.